Tuesday 12 April 2011

Day 9: Finally!

Well well well!

Monday came and I was feeling rather rough after the previous 2 days on at Magic Wood! I had planned to rest and wasted no time having a sleep on my pad at Schattental whilst everyone else warmed up and got psyched.

Rich had been here a few days before and recommended the problem Powerstrips 7C which he managed to flash. I dug deep, put my shoes on and got involved after a 5+ slab warm up. I was feeling motivated, the problem looked brilliant, the holds were positive and conditions were fairly good. I pulled on, slapped the jug, wrapped my left toe on and got through the crux quite steadily. A tricky top out to finish and I had flashed it too. My second 7C flash, quite psyched for that. Maybe it was soft, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment