Wednesday 15 June 2011

Worrying?

Today is Wednesday, the last time I climbed was Monday 6th June, 9 days ago. Absolutely shocking!
My psyche has been unbelievably low since returning from Switzerland.

The last time I was at the cave was the 27th April, I cant even tell you how long ago that was. Too long?

I blame girls and having to sort my life out.

Anyway, Saturday 11 June I did the Rocfest comp at the Rockover in Manchester. Before the comp I had 2 sessions within the space of 2 weeks so was fighting fit and feeling really strong, not.

However, I was psyched which was quite surprising. 30 qualifying problems then the final, shouldnt be too much of a problem I thought. I went off ticking off all the easy/medium problems apart from one which I dropped like a punter but ah well. After trying not to overheat in the 45 degree greenhouse conditions of the Rockover I moved onto some of the harder problems. Even managing to flash one which Nige Callander didnt, must of been reachy ;) On the whole the day went well, I scored 251 points out of a possible 300 with 287 being the highest score, courtesy of Dan Varian. I placed 11th beating people I didnt ever expect to beat, one of which is on the British Bouldering Team. Good day on the whole!

No more comps for a while and no plans, hopefully gunna spend an hour or two at the wall tonight before going on a 2 day RAF training camp tomorrow.

Peace out y`all

No comments:

Post a Comment